When you decide to buy a car, whether new or used, it pays to know what you are getting into before you sign the contract. This is particularly true when purchasing pre-owned used cars in Edmonds. While an auto may “look” like it is in excellent shape, there may be issues that are not immediately apparent.
Take these 5 tips into consideration when searching for a reliable used vehicle and it can save you valuable time and money:
- View the car’s vehicle history through Carfax or other reporting agency. This document will give you an idea of any recalls and crashes in which the car may have been involved.
- Study the mechanic’s inspection report at the dealership and ask your own mechanic to examine the vehicle.
- It may not seem necessary to get a warranty on your purchase but see what is offered. This may be an important way to safeguard your investment if the car is older.
- Even if you have a poor credit rating or are looking for financing with no credit, you do have options. Many dealers have special options for your financial situation.
- Do not sign a contract without test driving the car. You need to know how it handles in a variety of circumstances. Listen for unusual sounds or for odd, unexpected movements when driving.
Carson Cars has been a metro leader for years for premium used cars in Edmonds. Speak with one of our sales reps about our current inventory by calling (855)583-9356. We look forward to working with you.