If you have never purchased a vehicle, especially one that is pre-owned, you may wonder about what items should be on your checklist to ensure that you get an auto in great condition that is a good value for the money. Here are 8 valuable used car tips buying with poor credit in Seattle, excellent credit or cash. Carefully go over them with a knowledgeable friend you bring with you to the lot as you find a vehicle that you believe meets your needs.
- Examine the exterior of the car closely to determine if the paint is original. Be on the lookout for spots that may have been “touched up” from a crash or rust.
- Check the oil for the appropriate level and the oil color. The oil should not be dirty.
- Ask the sales associate if the car can be put on the lift in the mechanic’s bay so that you can look at the undercarriage.
- Inquire about the previous owner or owners.
- Request a copy of the Carfax report to see if the car has been involved in an auto collision.
- Peruse the maintenance history to learn if tune-ups have been regular and if any major parts replacements have occurred.
- Ask permission to bring the car to your mechanic for a cursory evaluation.
- Test drive, test drive, test drive. This is the only way to see if the vehicle offers the right fit for you.