When you go shopping for used cars in Snohomish, you not only want one that looks sleek and shiny, you need one that is in good condition. One problem some new buyers experienced in the past, is purchasing an auto with flood damage. Being knowledgeable about this unfortunate problem can save you money and grief.
Vehicles that have been flooded can be quite costly to repair – if they can be addressed at all. Water contamination and intrusion lead to rusting of key components and can cause illness for passengers because of bacteria and mold that accumulate in the ventilation system and carpet.
It is important that Ford, Toyota and used Honda cars for sale are free from water problems. Knowing what to look for can help you determine if the vehicle that you want to buy has been water-damaged:
- With all doors and windows on the car closed, let it sit for about 5 minutes. Open a door and take a whiff. Mold and mildew have a unique smell.
- Press some paper towels into different areas of the carpet. A wet paper towel can indicate a problem.
- Inspect the interior of the car. Check for rust and corrosion under the dash and seats and on untreated metal. Mud and debris may be hidden in these areas, as well.
- Make certain that all the lights are operational on the instrument panel by performing a bulb test.
- Allow an impartial professional mechanic to inspect the vehicle. They know what to look for under the hood and can provide some welcome peace-of-mind.
Visit Carson Cars today to preview our selection of premium used cars in Snohomish or call us at (425) 697-6969 with questions about financing. We stand behind what we sell.