The process of buying a pre-owned vehicle is a little different than when you purchase new. There are some things you need to check off your list to make sure that the auto is in excellent, drivable condition and doesn’t have any “hidden” issues that could cause problems later. Having a friend with you who knows a little about autos can help you find the best one to meet your needs. You can always add these used car tips buying with poor credit in Lake Stevens to your checklist:
- Examine the paint on the exterior of the car carefully to see if it is original. Be wary of spots that have been “touched up” to cover corrosion or damage from a crash.
- Inspect the oil. It should be clear (not dirty) and topped off.
- Ask about the prior owner or owners. If possible, get their phone numbers so you can ask them questions about the car yourself.
- Ask permission to have the auto put up on the lift in the mechanic’s bay so you can assess the undercarriage.
- Get a copy of the auto history report. While it often doesn’t have all the information about the car, it does contain helpful details to aid in your car-buying decision.
- Evaluate the maintenance history to see if regular maintenance has occurred or if significant components have been replaced.
- See if you can have your own mechanic evaluate the car.
- Test drive at least once (more is better).
Visit Carson Cars to browse our extensive vehicle inventory. We have options for auto financing with no credit. Follow these helpful used car tips buying with poor credit in Lake Stevens. Call us today at (855) 583-9356 for additional information.